Thursday, April 22, 2010
Discoveries
Last week was a week full of fantastic discoveries, mostly made by myself, my toddler, and my sleeping infant. First we discovered a natural food store in Colorado where we stocked up on grass-fed, pasture raised beef, bison, elk and cage free...etc etc...chicken. They also only carry organic produce. Love them!
The next day we discovered a nearby lake. BEAUTIFUL, but from what I can tell, it is not particularly kid-friendly. Anyway, I couldn't find any kid-friendly accesses, but maybe I just didn't know where to look. Either way, next weekend we begin fishing! Princess wants a pink fishing pole.
The next two discoveries were made in our own backyard. The first one is fresh deer droppings on Friday morning. Oh my! Exciting as this is, I'm also hoping they don't give me any trouble with my garden later on.
And the other backyard discovery? Our tree that looked so pathetic all winter, is not only growing some delicate little leaves, but the most lovely blossoms are threatening to bud. Do you know what kind of blossoms we have? Apple blossoms! Yes, we apparently have an apple tree on our hands. The renters before us never raked the leaves, so guess who has been working on that project? And such cleaning up revealed some old, dried up apples. Taking a closer look, my sis-in-law saw one still clinging to the tree. HA! I'm so excited! Now the question is, does is produce well?
In the same couple of days, the seeds we planted sprouted.
Princess and I discovered this yellow beauty during one of our many tea parties:
Yes, we are pretty much discovering Spring like we've never seen it or felt it before. What a change from the short, rapid weeks of Spring the Arizona desert afforded us.
In the world of babies, Miss Smooch is sprouting teeth. I can actually see her two bottom teeth resting beneath the surface of her gums. So, no, she hasn't sprouted any yet. Will it be days? Weeks? A couple of months? Who knows. Although Little Miss Sunshine is less fazed than Mommy, those stinkers need to stop interfering with this poor baby's naps. She will be four months old in two days. Princess didn't get her first tooth until 9 mos., so I am very interested to see how this plays out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What fun discoveries! Miss N is getting so big already!
Post a Comment