Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mocha Hazelnut Cookies

I made this recipe up today because I was craving chocolate chip cookies and coffee at the same time. If you try it, let me know how you like it! As I wrote the recipe, the coffee flavor is very mild. Feel free to alter it as you see fit.





Mocha Hazelnut Cookies

2 1/2 c. flour (I used whole wheat for mine - I love the flavor and texture of whole wheat)
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1 T. instant coffee
1/2 c. raw hazelnuts, chopped

2 c. (or less if desired) chocolate chips

Mix butter, brown and white sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Then add eggs and mix. In a separate bowl, combine salt, baking soda, and flour. Add flour mixture gradually, mixing between. When dough is well mixed, add instant coffee. Mix. Fold in hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Place dough on cookie sheet in 1 or 1 1/2-inch "balls." Bake at 350 degrees, 7 - 8 minutes. The cookies will look like they are not quite done when it is time to take them out, but they will be perfect, soft and moist. If you wish, you may leave them in another minute until the tops of the cookies are slightly brown on edges and ridges. Or if you prefer your cookies to have a little crunch to them, bake for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: