Time to confess a few of this week's many, comical parental shortcomings. :-) Check out MckMama's blog for more hilarious confessions!
It's first important to note that in my Christmas rush, I certainly did not put my daughter in her high chair a good 15 minutes before her lunch was ready just to get her out of my hair. I would never make a one-year-old sit there for so long, hungry, with only a cup of water and the promise of food. What kind of mom do you think I am?
Likewise, I definitely did NOT laugh at my daughter when she bumped her head because she puckered up for a kiss, through her wailing and tears, in response to my intention to kiss her little bump. I would never laugh while my kid is crying!
And yesterday and the UPS store, it wasn't me who thought of claiming Bella as one of the kids I babysit as she pulled items off of the shelves from her seat in the stroller (at impressive speed, I might add). This was a situation that could not be avoided because of the narrow aisle and the long line. Letting her out of the stroller would have been much worse! AND I certainly did not leave the diaper bag at home on purpose only to have Bella poop not even 2 minutes down the road. Nope. I am the queen of always-prepared and would never intentionally leave the diapers at home...you know, just for this short trip! Even though sitting in her poop for only 5 minutes results in heinous diaper rash for this sensitive-skinned one. I'm so glad I'm not that silly mom.
It's also so relieving to know that I do not have any more Christmas shopping to do tonight since I am on top of the game. I won't be running around picking up last minute stocking stuffers this year and I certainly am not in desperate need of some Bella-friendly food before the stores all close in a couple days. Nope. I told you. I am the queen of always-prepared and it should be noted that I never procrastinate. Or do I?
Lastly, I did not just now take my daughter's dinner fork, which was covered in cheese sauce, and use it to feed her applesauce directly from the jar because I am sick of doing dishes today. I mean, that's seriously gross and I would never do something so unsanitary. And who ever gets tired of HAND WASHING dishes!? NOT ME!
2 comments:
Ha! At least your 1 year old will let you feed her food still! My 11 month old boycotts anything coming from my hand unless he's staving! And I totally understand the sitting in a high chair for a while...done it! Except that my boy...starts screeching like a teradactyl at the top of his lungs...makes himself cough from it...just b/c he can! Doesn't bode well for my work from home hubby on the noise level...so I'm limited at doing that!
Love it!!! The more kids you have, the longer the "Not me" posts can get.
Post a Comment