Friday, April 3, 2009

This Week

This is a quick snap shot of my week:

1. I started going to the chiropractor for my "long neck." I'm not kidding. He told me that people with long, slender necks often have my problem - a couple slipped discs. Yikes! No wonder I've been getting regular "tension" headaches...for several years. I literally can hold my head further back (where it belongs) after being adjusted and I can feel a difference in the location of the vertebrae by feeling the back of my neck. So weird.

2. I recently asked God to help me grow in good character. He's wasting no time. Tuesday brought one of the most irritating afternoons I have experienced in a long time. I felt like I failed in areas of patience and compassion. Thankfully, He gave me a second chance on Wednesday, and now we need to get the rear passenger door replaced on our car. BUT, I handled that better than the less significant events of the previous day.

3. After our parking lot "fender bender" (my open door was "hyper-extended". A vehicle hit it while I was hunched over a car seat, loading one of the three kids I had with me that day.), the police escorted us home. Entertaining to say the least!!! :-)




4. I baked and froze lots of "hot pockets" for quick lunches and dinners in future weeks. That feels good to have done!

5. I began reading "The Shack" during nap time today, and I'm already at least 1/4 of the way through it.

6. I officially have weaned Bella completely. AND she is even happily drinking cow's milk for the first time ever! WIN. Now she'll probably become a milk addict like me. Ha ha.

7. I put Bella's hair into a top-of-the-head pony tail for the first time. Or whatever those are called.



Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Pure Mommy Extract said...

You should totally post about your family. I would LOVE to "meet" them.

I will give you a hint and say that you beat me out by a couple. A couple. That's pretty clear, but isn't saying it right out =).

We thought we would be done at two, but have felt the gentle guiding of the Lord that we need to give Him all of our lives, including how many children we have. My heart has been opened to the possibility of many children because of this. Only time will tell how many God desires us to have.

Thanks for your fun comment and sharing that little piece about your family. Isn't it fun having a large family! I feel like it would be so lonely if our home continued to just have two forever.