When she's not in the pool...

...the princess can be found dressing for the pool! (and making ridiculous faces when mommy says, "smile!")

Another one of her favorite things of late is loving on her Daddy! She seems to be entering a daddy's girl stage, and it is PRECIOUS. If she's cranky (as she often is in the late afternoons), her demeanor immediately changes once Daddy walks in the house. She loves to jump on him when he lays on the floor, play tickle wars, and cuddle in general. Each morning when she wakes up, one of the first things out of her mouth is "Where Daddy?" Then she usually answers her own question, "Daddy, bwork!"

Our lovely firstborn might also be found participating in Sesame Street events, like Sesame Street Live, Elmo's Green Thumb. We don't actually watch Sesame Street, not because I'm opposed, but because I'm not "on" in the mornings and we just miss it day after day. However, Bella has plenty of beloved Sesame Street books (thank you Target dollar section) so she still knows all the characters and was thrilled to see them all sing and dance on stage. Oh and regarding Bella's pig tails, I may be pushing it a little - Clay said they look like "horns." I think he's on to something.

Let us not forget to mention how much this girl loves to play "Ring Around the Rosie." Sometimes, when her playmates (or parents!) are worn out, she will even play it over and over with her doll. Thankfully I have this song on cd, so I press repeat until my head spins.

Then there are lovely games of imagination, which at Bella's age are very close to reality. :-) Here she is "sleeping" in the living room. I even heard some snoring coming from her direction. Isn't she a great faker?!

She also enjoys "educational" activities such as pouring dried beans from one container to another using different scoops and cups. This game actually lasted us almost half and hour before we, actually I, got tired of it. (See www.productiveparenting.com to get your own productive activity ideas for newborn to five years old, if your like me and enjoy leaning on the creativity of others. ;-))

One that I did come up with (Okay fine. I stole this idea from my student teaching days in Kindergarten.) is writing letters with shaving cream...and playing in it! Bella's cousin adored this activity! Bella does not like to be dirty. Apparently.

Notice these less-than-thrilled expressions. Hmm.

That's a small taste of what Bella has been doing to beat the heat! What do you do when it's too hot to play outside?
5 comments:
hahaha too hot?! remind me...whats that? Glad you're having fun indoors. I was actually planning on taking the kids outside to play today. woot...its 60 today...:P
Love the daddy's girl pics--just the same at this house! Our daughter is a total daddy's girl--it's so neat to see their relationship--it reminds me of me and my dad.
When it's hot outside we still go outside but I hose everyone down! Clothes and everything-(keeps em cool and they're dry by the time we go inside!) or I put the sprinklers on which also waters the lawn and/or garden and the kids play, or if I'm busy doing farm chores and I need them to stay cool and occupied I also can turn on the drip system and they like to play in that too (and it uses less water than the sprinkler!) and we just went to Walmart and bought one of those $20 pools (this one you don't have to inflate!)...and that was fun for one day and then the ducks, geese, and turkeys took it over...so we'll have to buy another one! Other than that we are staying inside a little more but I'm trying hard to make us enjoy this weather because I know it's only going to get worse in June and July!
Your daughter is adorable! What a cute family!
Wow, I missed this one. It was very cute.
No suggestions though. We never really get too hot to play outside in the pacific northwest. We are inside because of the rain all the time.
I looooooove your blog!!! I enjoy all the darling pictures:)
Post a Comment