Friday, September 4, 2009

Antsy

Do you ever feel antsy? I've been feeling antsy. Thoughts fly around my head, I make lists that I ignore, and I feel a sudden urge to do something drastic...to my hair. I think having to wait on things that I have zero control over makes me feel this way. Do I trust God to take care of us regardless of circumstances? Yes! And I'm not perfect. Being a bit of a planner and not being able to plan just makes me antsy. We need to rework our budget but we are missing important numbers. I can't find the nail clippers I just bought for my daughter so I'm stuck with the old, mostly broken one. What are we doing this weekend again? I've written half a dozen blog posts over the past two weeks that I haven't published...because they just weren't right after I finished them. (Does anyone else ever do this?) It's a miracle I remembered my appointment with the dentist yesterday morning.

The thing that is driving me the most nutso is the not knowing what we will do with our condo while we're gone. I will not go into lengthy details, but I will say this: we cannot make a decision without all the information. An important piece of information that is missing is whether or not the company will give us any subsistence for housing in NM. I do not lose sleep over this, but my thoughts do get all...swirly...from time to time.

This morning I read Isaiah 55:9 -

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

I'm pretty sure this whole thing isn't as big to God as it is to us. Okay, time to stop thinking myself to death and give it to God. Again. And again. And AGAIN. I needed the reminder. :-)

2 comments:

Pure Mommy Extract said...

I really know how you feel right now! We have things that we are waiting for God to show us the big picture on too and it's not that I am having trouble trusting that He will make it happen...it's more like impatient feelings take over once in awhile. Not too often, just every once in awhile.

I will remember to pray for you when I am praying about my own area of "antsy" feelings.

Emily said...

I totally relate. I agree, antsy feelings are unsettling. It's like we're yearning for heaven (or at least the perfection of heaven). Almost like evidence that we were not made for earth alone.