Though it is a bit hazy in my mind, I do recall attending a birthday party that my beautiful sister-in-law and I shared (she is exactly one day older than I am!). I almost didn't go because my body was overtaken with a mastitis that rendered me nearly useless to anybody, including myself, for a couple of days. Right when I was supposed to finish packing the house. Great timing, body.
This particular birthday and it's party was right in the middle of those days. My 102.8 fever broke right before the party, so I went. And if I remembered it very well, I would tell you that it was delightful. I'm sure it was!
Fastforward several weeks. My husband said something like, "Well now that we're getting settled in our new home and things aren't as crazy, let's talk about your birthday." (Remember, we ignored it's existence. Busy busy busy.) As it turns out, I get to pick out a new set of dishes to replace the dishes I can't believe we've been using all this time. I purchased them at Walmart while in college. They're very...green. The color, not environmentally friendly. Oh nevermind.
Of course, I was thrilled with this news, and I plan to take my time picking out the dishes. This is a serious decision, and not one that I take lightly. ;-) Any recommendations?
This birthday conversation reminded me that on my birthday I received some generous gifts. Some of those gifts were green. The color. I planned to pool these gifts together and reward myself for all my hard work unpacking, purging (take two), and birthing a child without any medication. Just kidding on that last one. ;-) New clothes!!!
Then I stared deep into our new closet. My wardrobe is not elaborate or particularly stylish, but after all my gut-wrenching purging (I am a pack rat if you must know, so it is hard work for me) I just couldn't bare to turn around and add to our...stuff. This decision may or may not have subconsciously been influenced by the fact that I went to Target, tried on six shirts and walked out with a new hat. Did I mention I gave birth to a child five weeks ago?
I mulled it over in my head during the next few days. What items do I habitually eye but never dare to wish for? What do I want that won't add to the general clutter (or laundry) of my home? Something useful. Something practical. Something that I wouldn't randomly ask my husband for. Something that won't need replaced in a year or two.
Guess what's coming to my house!?
This:
And This:
Happy Birthday to MEEEEEE!!!


6 comments:
That's the best lens, ever! Happy belated birthday, too. :) Is that an embroidery machine?
you won't regret getting the 50mm! what's the other thing?
Thanks gals! I have a huge telephoto lens and a wide angle so I've been a bit limited. I'm crazy excited!
The second one is a serger. Oh the things I will be able to whip together with that thing!
Two very fun gifts!
I too have been contemplating the 50mm...here in the NW I have need of something that will gather lots of light with our less than sunny weather. =)
ENJOY! and Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday to you! How fun!
I feel your pain in regards to mastitis....as you know I had it three times. I hope I never, ever get it again.
Happy Birthday!!!!!
Post a Comment