Two months ago today I was in labor at this exact moment...only I didn't dare to think it was labor. There had been so many false starts. Now almost 9 sleep-deprived weeks later, I look at you and can't believe you were in my belly not long ago! You have grown so much, Miss Smoochie. I'm excited to get your official height and weight statistics on Friday. (UPDATE: you weigh 11 lbs. 6 oz. and are 23 inches long.) Let me tell you about the two-month-old you...
You are a great sleeper. You seem to believe the best hours to sleep are between 1 a.m. and 2 p.m. So Mommy gets to stay up late with you, but you sleep well (4 hours at a time at night) and nap great during the day! Last night, you slept from 1 a.m. to 10 a.m. without waking to eat. That is a record for you!!! You sleep best next to Mommy (unlike sister at your age, who slept better in a bassinet) and will go longer between night feedings when we're nestled up together. Daddy says we look really cute.
You are happiest when you are being held and snuggled, and you love to have conversations with us. We talk and you coo and smile. In fact, minus the late night "cranky hour", if you are unhappy, being held almost always immediately calms you.
You are a social baby who smiles very easily. Sometimes you will stop mid-wail to smile when I come to pick you up. I just love that! In fact, when you see me coming, you lean forward as much a two-month-old can, as if willing yourself into my arms. You also don't play favorites with your smile and grin just as easily for Daddy and your big sister (and even strangers) as you do for me. Your disposition is like sunshine! I predict that you will like to be "in the spotlight" as you grow older.
You are getting very good at batting at your toys. In fact, you have even been known to smack Mommy and Daddy in the face in the middle of the night recently. ;-) You love to look at yourself in the mirror!
The overwhelming concensus is that you look like an Emmons. Last night I even saw a picture of your Uncle Eli at your age and your mouth looks just like his in that picture! However, I still see lots of Daddy in you and I think you make a lot of faces that remind me of Princess at this age.
You hair isn't particularly thick, but it keeps growing longer. I think it's close to three inches long in some places! Sometimes, it makes me giggle the way it hangs over your ears, or sticks up all over the place in little wild wavy whisps. Your "hat hair" is the best!
I can't believe how quickly you're growing. And now that Big Sister has shown me how time really does fly, I have a tendency to rock you a little longer, pick you up a little sooner and snuggle you a little closer than I otherwise might have. You can thank Princess later. But, Smooch, feel free to take your time growing up. It thrills me to see you grow and change, but please know that I also love you just like this.
(Pictures taken at about 7 1/2 weeks.)



6 comments:
What a precious family you have!
Awwww, she is a doll!!!
Such a pretty girl...both of them!
Your girls are adorable!
Oh she is so adorable!
such a cutie! I had to comment... I'm a mom of 3 girls! :) girls are so fun!
Post a Comment