Sweet, beautiful Princess. You're less than four months away from turning three.
You adore princesses, especially Cinderella.
You want everything in life to be happy. I wish I could make everything happy for you, sweetheart.
Once we skip all the "silly parts" and "scary parts," it takes us about 20 minutes to watch an hour and a half long fairytale.
You are prone to nightmares, and have finally began to tell me what your bad dreams are about if you wake up crying. We pray and ask Jesus to protect your mind while you sleep, and we are careful of what we let you see and hear. Still, your own imagination haunts you sometimes. You are coming to understand that dreams are only pretend.

You love to talk. Oh my do you love to talk! It is impossible to me to feel lonely if I must stay close to home much of the day for baby sister's naps. You are such delightful company!

You love to talk. Oh my do you love to talk! It is impossible to me to feel lonely if I must stay close to home much of the day for baby sister's naps. You are such delightful company!
You are full of curious questions. I love to answer them. This week you wanted to know if "jealous" means "not nice." Books teach you lots of words. You know that "Displeased" means "not happy."
Thankfully, you haven't entered into the "Why?" phase yet. ;-)
Your favorite books are "Are You My Mother?", "The Pokey Little Puppy," and "Cinderella." Sometimes we read them over and over and over.
You love to dance and twirl. In fact, the only things you are interested in wearing are dresses, skirts and nightgowns.
You are all girl.
You love to color, read, play with quiet toys, have tea parties, primp, and you don't last very long outside before an insect - usually of the flying variety - chases you back indoors.
I try not to laugh when I hear you role-playing with your dolls and stuffed animals, but it's just too cute! You make up princess stories, or retell ones you know. Sometimes you parent them, giving baths and tucking them in for bed.
You LOVE to sing.
You are usually reserved and take a full 24 hours to truly warm up to most people, though some win you over sooner and others never seem to get there.
You remember everything from year-old memories to a promise I made you yesterday. I am astounded by your ability to remember things.
You are very smart. Your know almost all your letters, many letter sounds and can even rattle off some words that start with certain letters. What makes this amazing to me is that I did not sit down and intentionally teach you these things - you picked them up here and there. You also quote parts of books word-for-word.
You comment on subtle variations in the way people speak or act. Mommy says, "Bless you" while Nan says, "God bless you" when you sneeze.
"Do you want to play with toys with me?" and "Do you need help?" are two questions for Mommy that are always on your lips.
You are shy about praying out loud. You generally hesitate to do something you don't fully understand.
You have been sharing a room with Smooch for two weeks now. You are so wonderful about sharing with her - your toys, favorite blanket, and your space. You are gentle and caring toward her, a parent's dream.
You lie occasionally, mostly about whether you went potty in the toilet or not.
You have been staying dry during naps and at night, so you have been completely diaper-free for two weeks now! During the day, you get so wrapped up in playing that you sometimes wet your pants.
'
You think Daddy is "scratchy." Then again, even my freshly shaved legs don't measure up to your standards and are "scratchy" too.
You love green beans, bananas and all berries. You could live off of bread and cheese. You prefer steamed veggies and grilled chicken to chicken pot pie. In fact, you prefer that your food doesn't touch each other at all.
You are goofy and fun, beautiful and creative. Sweet Princess, I wouldn't change a thing about you.

Photo by Nicole King Photography


1 comment:
This is such a beautiful post and I'm sure Bella will enjoy reading it in years to come! We miss that cute Bella!! and the rest of you too :)
Post a Comment