Sunday, June 6, 2010

Things I love & Things I Don't Love About This Place

Things I love:

Living near rivers and lakes.

Having a sweet backyard and all the fun (and even work) that comes with it.

Beautiful weather.

Facinating, diverse wildlife.

Easy access to lots of local, organic farms and random individuals who sell delightful things like goat's milk and fresh eggs.

Being close to Colorado, which might be the best state ever.

Most of the people here are so sweet and friendly.  I love the small town mentality.

Living close to everything.

Things I don't love:

Ants.  Ants on my kitchen floor, looking for crumbs.  Ants trying to carry off the cat food.  Leaf cutter ants attacking my garden.  Ugly, freaky, giant (up to 1/2 inch long!), carpenter ants living in/killing portions of the apple tree in our backyard.

Smelling skunks that the cat food - which the ants drove me to move outside - may be attracting to our yard.

Having to buy things online that I haven't been able to find locally.

No babysitters for hot date nights. :-)

No children's consignment stores.

Missing our family and friends.

When my car won't start and it's Sunday and I happen to know that lots of places that I might wish to visit to remedy said problem are closed on Sundays.


THERE.  I feel better now.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love your blog!!! Okay, so regular black and red ants LOVE Terro...you can buy it at home depot. It is not very expensive. It is like crack for them. They suck up this clear liquid and take it back to their holes. :) Enough said. Leaf cutters..not fun. They destroy everything. DID NOT know they were in the states...ick. There is particular poison you can buy for them. I have to find out the name for you. People buy it here all the time for issues like you are having. HOpe that helps. Terro is our friend. I love that my boys say, "Mommy you need to get the ant poison! There are a ton of ants!!!" Hahahaha. Love you guys!