Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Oh Dear


It's January and I haven't touched this blog since July.  I kept making mental notes all summer long and into the fall about all the wonderful things I was going to catch up on in the winter.  I would blog regularly, craft to my heart's content, and sew like a maniac all during my daughters' daily naps.  With a hot cup of coffee.  While watching the snow fall.  Well six inches of December snow is finally revealing the edges of my lawn and I still I have done nothing of the sort.   Oh and I've semi given up coffee.  Half-heartedly.  Well I've reduced my consumption anyway.

I finally have a social life.  I began to blog to when I cared for a couple of sweet girls in my Phx home, and I found it nearly impossible to leave the house.  It was an outlet.  I was lonely for adult conversation, so I talked to myself.  On my blog.  Pretending that people read it. :-)

Now, a year after living in New Mexico, I know what it's like to be a "real" stay-at-home mom (SAHM)rather than childcare provider/SAHM.  Now I get to run errands and go grocery shopping during the day, I am heavily involved in MOPS (I'm the craft gal on the Steering Team), work with the youth at church, and I even have some flourishing friendships that have surpassed my expectations.  God is good.  Always. 

Still I have missed you.  So back to blogging.  I want to write for myself and for my family, a record of our adventures.  I want an outlet for some of my thoughts as a woman, wife, and mother.  I have some things already half-written in my head (as it seems I am prone to do even when I am not actively writing on so much as a piece of scrap paper), but I thought that I needed to pop in and say "hi" before I just dive back in.  Perhaps reintroduce myself?  Just in case anyone does read this after all...

6 comments:

Emily Delster said...

I read! And I have missed! You're one inspiring lady, I love your blog :)

The Clark Clan! said...

I read your blog too!!!! I am so very happy that you are having fun in New Mexico. I miss you and your girls. I would love to see more of your adventures there.

Anonymous said...

Your still on my list! Good to see a post from ya! I'm so glad things are going so well for you! I wish I had some local friendships, and things to get involved in. :)

Jasmine said...

welcome back, i've missed your musings. :)

Melissa said...

I am so glad you are blogging again! I love hearing your heart. I have checked often and thought I would try again tonight and YOU BLOGGED! Yea. Excited to hear of more of your family's adventures!

Amelia said...

Ah! Thanks for the love everyone. Seriously. :-)