It snowed a little bit at our house today and is supposed to accumulate an inch or two tonight...but I'm ready for summer. I'm over Spring even, because where we live Spring is temperamental, and can't decide between cold and warm, usually settling on plain ole windy. As in, gee I hope I don't actually blow away in the parking lot between the car and the store. ;-)
Today we are nearly out of food (I've been procrastinating in my grocery shopping), so we had breakfast for dinner - pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs. Last year I got an amazing pancake recipe from my sister-in-law S, and I loved it so much that when I copied it down, I entitled the recipe "Best Pancakes Ever!" Lately we've been trying to lay off flour as much as possible just for general health, so I experimented with this pancake recipe by using oatmeal flour instead of wheat flour. The result is just as moist, a little lower on the glycemic index, and (unless processed in the same plant as wheat, etc.) is gluten free. You can either buy oatmeal flour or you can throw old fashioned oats in your food processor (or blender) and pulverize it yourself.
Best Oatmeal Pancakes Ever!
1 2/3 c. oatmeal flour (possibly a little more depending on how fine your oatmeal flour is)
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 T. honey
1 egg (beaten)
1 c. milk (or 1/2 c. milk and 1/2 c. water)
1 1/2 T. butter (melted)
1/2 t. vanilla
Mix dry ingredients. Add the other ingredients and stir until just blended. Then cook pancakes in the usual pancake fashion. Enjoy!
3 comments:
I am going to try these!
Yay! I want to know how you and your kiddos like them.
Miss you.
I need to give these a whirl!
Post a Comment