Bella loves to play a game where she grabs Kitty's tail and tickles her own face with it, giggling like crazy. It's so cute! I may have to try to get some video of it. :-) When Kitty gets tired of this game, she just calmly walks away. This particular night she had to walk away three or four times!
Long and lean, is what they say. Gabriella's 15-month appointment revealed that she is 19 lbs. 14 oz. and 31 1/2 inches tall. So she's in the 10th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height. Huh!? What happened to our chunky, shorty??? Long and lean it is then! We also got the "go ahead" to turn her car seat to face forward, which is good because she has to practically fold up her legs to fit in the rear-facing position these days.
The doctor also said that Bella's rejection of milk, cheese, and yogurt (while otherwise not a picky eater) makes her wonder if her body is possibly telling her that she and dairy don't get along well. I can't really test this theory if she won't eat any of it, so rice milk and vitamin supplements may be in Bella's future when she is done nursing. We shall see.
In other news, poor baby seems to get sick on Holidays. :-( Here she as we were just starting a "mooooomie," a Disney Sing-A-Long Song video. She just seems to have a cold but it's accompanied by a medium fever so she feels pretty yucky. Lots of whining, naps, and cuddling today. Of course I feel terrible for her...
...but I must admit that I don't mind this part. So sweet. Minus the snot on my shirt. Ha ha.
Oh, and while we're talking about Bella (do we ever stop?), I have a funny story from last night. She (and I) were up teething last night -- that crazy molar is so close! Anyway, she's at that age where when she wakes up at night she cries like she's dying because she knows it will get me out of bed. Then once I'm at her side she starts talking, listing every word in her vocabulary, as if by her pure cuteness I will let her stay up and play. I normally do very little talking myself, as I am trying to send the "go to sleep" message. Well last night, she got me. I was holding her and we were rocking when she spotted her clean cloth diapers in a neat little stack next to the rocking chair. She points at them. "Poo poo!" (Yes, she calls diapers "poo poo" at the moment.) She repeats it three times since I'm not responding. Then, in a loud sing-song voice she crows, "HI POO POO" and waves at the diapers! That really got me laughing. Then I gave up, took her out into the living room and spent the next hour trying to wear her out/comfort her/give her lots of ice for her teeth using this genius contraption. She DID eventually go to sleep, by the way.
And for those who are dying to see our living room, here ya go!
Bella's table and chair won't always be set up, but this is where I'll probably put them when they are.
This is the view into the living room from the entry (top of the stairs). After I packed up the Christmas tree and decorations, I decided to see how I liked the love seat portion of our sectional in front of the fireplace. So I switched it to off, removed the key, and now we're pretending our gas fireplace doesn't exist. I think I like it! Until I get bored with it. :-)
Yes, Bella is watching that Sing-A-Long Song video in the background. She is standing near her new toy chest.
Well it's a couple minutes to midnight, and poor Bella has been asleep since 7 p.m. Clay fell asleep an hour and a half ago on the couch, and my cappuccino is warm in my belly. So I'm going to finish watching "You've Got Mail" and then off to bed! Here's to 2009. It's gonna be an awesome year!
No comments:
Post a Comment