I broke up with coffee when I found this lovely substitute. (Thanks A.O.) I liked it so much, I felt compelled to write review #6 (which accidentally lied to you by saying I'm from Arizona. Wrong address on file? Better check that when I order something.)
After a year and a half of research, looking, test driving, strongly considering minivans and midsized SUVs, and researching some more, the hubby and I have finally settled (we think) on buying a Ford Expedition. No, we're not pregnant. :-( But we will be someday and it's getting pretty cramped in our Hyundai Elantra (which we have loved and would buy again in the future, just for the record) especially on long road trips during which we have to unpack half the car just to get Smooch out of her car seat. We have been saving up cash for almost as long as we have been researching, so we are getting pretty excited. But we're also in no huge rush. So...wanna sell me an Expedition? 2004 or so with less than 100k please. :-)
I use parenthesis too much if you haven't noticed. Oh well. I kind of like them.
We got our first family photos in a year. Yes, we got our pictures taken for our church directory. Thennnn we promptly turned around and had my husband's wonderful cousin take even more awesome ones while visiting Phx the following weekend for a work thing. Wanna see?
Here are a few of my favorites:
Didn't she do an AWESOME job!? (Thanks C.A.)
It's been cold here. No we didn't freeze over with ice and snow like half of the country did last week, but I have been building daily fires instead of asking My Stud to do it as soon as he walks in the door from work like I sometimes do. :-) It's in the 40s today and I'm about ready for Spring for two reasons. 1. Smooch keeps catching cold after cold after cold. She gets 100% better and then Sunday rolls around and by Monday or Tuesday, almost without fail, her nose starts running anew. She had the flu once last month too. Ugh. And, yes, I have tried keeping her out of the nursery for several weeks and it was only semi-successful. 2. I kinda sorta am thinking about maybe starting to run. Outside. Daily. Normally I make fun of runners. (Gluttons for punishment that they are.) I've never reached that "runners high" nonsense that people are apparently so addicted to. I usually wheeze and get shin splints and achy knees. I think the Winter is starting to make me crazy. Like I have some pent up energy I need to get out, so I might as well be constructive with it, right? :-)
Smooch is behind on her gross motor skills to the point that she has an evaluation next week. She's 13 months old and not crawling or even going from the floor to a sitting position on her own, though she sits excellently. She's not close to pulling up on furniture and generally does not love to bear weight on her legs. In some ways, it seems like she has been a 6-month-old forever, and in other ways she is very clearly a big one-year-old. Her verbal, fine motor, problem-solving and all other skill sets are right on target if not better than average. It's just that darn mobility that's got us! We shall see what "the professionals" think later on this week. One thing is for sure, she is as social and happy as any baby ever was! Love that Smooch-a-roo. :-)











No comments:
Post a Comment