Saturday, March 26, 2011

Back in the Saddle

After gaining five pounds in as many days at my grandmother's house, listening to stories of old family history including the Dust Bowl, singing around the piano, temporarily giving up on giving up sugar (oops?), digging through the old shoe inventory at the Cooper family shoe store that still sits empty full of shoes from the 1950s, hosting my family a couple of days at our house (read: cooking for a herd ;-)), a close game of gestures (rematch from last spring break), and a host of other fun events, my house is quiet.  Natalie is chattering and wandering around the house, probably wondering where everyone is.  At the moment she is looking through a photo album that I hope she doesn't rip. Clayton and Bella are still sleeping after playing so hard.  As for me, I am playing that last week over and over again in my mind, smiling.

I'm back in the saddle and rearing to go, life back as normal, but I'm already counting down the weeks until our Oregon visit in July.

No comments: